- Presents material in non-threatening adult context.
- Huge potential need, every secondary school, every training organisation.
- At least six million UK adults in need of support.
- Many companies now providing support to poorly skilled workers.
Who is this book for?
This set of 30 Cloze Short stories is designed to provide reading and comprehension material that is appropriate for adults who do not have the literacy skills to allow them to be or feel successful in their everyday lives. The stories are presented as a continuum that gets gradually more difficult. They contain simple repetitious words in short sentences that increase in length throughout the book.
As 1003 Cloze
Dr Graham Lawler
A4 single sided
Who will benefit from this book?
All students taking entry level and Core skills Scotland/Essential Skills Wales/Core Skills Northern Ireland and functional skills courses. Secondary school and adult training organisations Teachers, tutors and lecturers responsible for basic skills teaching and coaching. College/university central and departmental libraries.
- ideal for people on training courses, including prison and youth detention,where basic education is needed
- Every FE college with students in need of basic skill development
- Every university now has a lifelong learning department who will be interested in this scheme.
- Every university school of education
- Areas in the UK where there is a sizeable Minority, including the new Eastern European immigrants eg Polish community in Wrexham.