This book covers:
- Biographies, letters, newspapers
- Advertisements, editing and proofreading
- Advice on how to assess the children’s learning.
- Autobiographies– diaries- personal profiles-time capsules and autobiographies
- Biographies-Interviews and Notes-research and summaries-biographies without plagiarism
- Informal Letters– invitations-thank you letters-informal letters and reports-emails
- Formal Letters– Business letters
- Tools for writing articles– an introduction to newspaper articles- looking deeper into the news-headlines, is the report biased ?
- Writing Newspaper Articles– a journalist’s scenario
- Tools for Writing Advertisements– information posters- Advertising posters and slogans- facts and opinions
- Developing Advertising– tv ads-producing a school brochure
- Editing-formal and informal language-capital letters- don’t forget to breathe-finding the paragraphs- punctuation- checking spellings- paragraphs and reports-choosing the right spelling-alternatives for said- commas- editing-using a thesaurus- verbs and adjectives- does it make sense?
Children need help and guidance in non-fiction writing and that is something that many primary/prep/P1-6 colleagues find difficult and challenging. That is why this book is so important.
Following a successful teaching career Patricia Sumner moved into educational publishing and now runs a successful business in the North West. She is also author Creativity through Language: How to teach fiction writing.
A TLS Resource Book: For teachers of primary/prep and lower secondary pupils.
- Ideal resource for primary/prep schools with a free cd of pages to print off available.
- Contains comprehensive teacher notes
- Topical and thought provoking
- Cross curricular in approach.