Starting Statistics: Data Handling for Beginners
Many people studying social sciences fail to realise at the start fo their course that they are going to need to collect, analyse, and interpret data. Often these same people last did statistics as part of school mathematics and have little of no understanding of the subject, that is why this book is so important.
This book includes:
- What’s in a number?
- Managing data,Probability
- Sampling and research design
- Defining and refining your research
- Measures of central tendency and variance
- Indices and scales. Data exploration
- Hypothesis testing
- Bivariate analysis
This book is ideal for:
- All students taking courses in social sciences
- Post 16-Level students and first-year undergraduates
- Adult education centres
- Teachers, tutors and lecturers
- School libraries, reference and public libraries
- University and college central libraries.
- Ideal for 1st and 2nd year undergraduates
Paperback, 215 x 135mm, 160pp
About the Author
Ian Hosker is a social science researcher who lives in the South West of England with his family.